Would you agree that runners need (or love to eat) snacks? Most importantly, athletes need snacks that are as on-the-go as they are! But guess what, you don’t need to be a runner or an athlete to enjoy these healthy snacks.
These portable bars combine protein and whole grains to fuel workouts! Wrap one up – or two – tuck away in your gym bag and you’re good to go.
But they also make a great afternoon snack for a quick pick me up with a glass of this Matcha tea on ice. I’m really loving making my own snack bars lately. These bars are seriously some of my favorites so far. I am not sure which ones I like better. These made with almond butter, or these with cashews, or the ones pictured here made with peanut butter. Let me know you’re fave!
In fact, since I posted this pic. I have had more than a few requests for the recipe. I certainly can’t disappoint my readers! THANKS friends for reading and requesting the recipe. I love you guys! Seriously makes my day. Please comment below after you try these. I think they’re super delicious but I’d much rather hear your opinion. These are amazing pre and post-run snacks! Or anytime snacks yet!
PEANUT BUTTER PROTEIN SNACK BARS
- 3 1/4 cups Kashi Heart to Heart to toasted oat cereal (or other Gluten Free O’s)
- 2 1/4 cups old-fashioned gluten free oats
- 1 cup crispy almonds
- 1/2 cup crispy sunflower kernels
- 1/4 cup grond flaxseed
- 1/4 cup uncooked oat bran cereal
- 1/4 cup wheat bran
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons of seseame seeds
- 2 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups of raw honey
- 1/2 cup of Shaklee Life Protein, Vanilla
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, combine peanut butter and honey. Cook over medium heat until peanut butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal mixture and add Shaklee Life Protein; mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 15-inch x 10-inch x 1-inch baking pan. Gently press into pan, Cool completely. Cut into bars. Store in an airtight container.