Remember that yummy Matcha Tea Smoothie I posted earlier this month? If not, you can check it out here. It’s so delicious and energizing.
You’ll probably also remember, (at least I hope so) I made these tasty energy bites! And you know what else….I successfully turned some of those same ingredients into a refreshing smoothie! I am crazy for smoothies and homemade energy bites in case you haven’t noticed!
So why not turn this Matcha Energizing Smoothie into some crazy good energy bites? Seriously, these are some of the best energetic bites before a run you’ll ever get your hands on. Aren’t you excited to make these!! Thought so.
I have been using these fantastic Energy Chews for a while now, but I was recently turned on to some fantastic Matcha Tea Bites from Ellie at Simply Nourished. I changed up the recipe slightly from both my smoothie and her recipe by adding some Protein Powder and I also threw in a bit of raw cocoa powder…because why not.
I honestly think you’re going to love these runners! In fact, I am not sure if there is anyone who wouldn’t like these!
They not only give you some great carbs for fuel, but healthy fats from the raw cashews, and of course, a boost of energy from the Energizing Matcha Green Tea. They’re Full of antioxidants and some fiber too.
Lets get busy….you can whip these up in no time.
MATCHA PROTEIN ENERGY BITES (adapted from Ellie – Simply Nourished)
- 1/2 cup of Vanilla or Chocolate Shaklee Life Energizing Protein Shake
- 1/2 cup of raw crispy cashews
- 1/4 cup coconut plus more for sprinkling optional
- 1 to 2 sticks of Shaklee Energizing Green Tea
- pinch of pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 cup of dates (be sure you soak them for a few minutes if they are not soft)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cocoa powder optional
- Place all your ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.