Heck yes! Zucchini season has arrived in full swing! Get ready to put those fries aside and have some tasty and crispy Zucchini Crisps. Trust me, even non-zucchini lovers will love these. My husband ate them like he was eating a bag of chips 0r something, and he honestly does not care for zucchini.
Most all runners try and eat a bit healthier right? Especially when they’re training, right again? Well….these are somewhat addicting! Zucchini is thinly sliced, tossed in a crunchy panko coating, and than made even more irresistible with a little rub of quinoa flakes, then baked until crisp.
I promise you won’t miss those French Fries or Potato Chips! So if you’re trying to up your veggie intake, or need a new recipe for zucchini, you’re in luck! Plus you can feel good about eating them.
You’re welcome runners! You’re welcome everyone. Now lets start slicing! Dipping! Baking! And finally, Eating! Yum!
CRISPY ZUCCHINI CRISPS
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat panko (Japanese breadcrumbs; such as IAN)
- 1 ounce Parmesan cheese, finely grated (about 1/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons uncooked qunioa flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces zucchini, cut into (1/4-inch-thick) slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Combine zucchini and oil in a large bowl; toss well to coat.
- Dredge zucchini in panko mixture, pressing gently to adhere.
- Place coated slices on an ovenproof wire rack coated with cooking spray; place rack on a baking sheet or jelly-roll pan.
- Bake at 425°F for 26 minutes or until browned and crisp. Serve immediately.