Have you tried my favorite want to eat popcorn? It’s addicting! But guess what….this is even better! Do you love cauliflower?? You should since it’s loaded with fantastic health benefits! It’s so amazing I think you should include it in your diet several times a week!
As a runner I am always looking for healthier alternatives and since cauliflower is full of antioxidants, it’s become one of my favorite cruciferous vegetables!
After all, the more antioxidants you consume, the more you’re able to fight off free radicals. I love the sounds of that since the healthier your cells, the less chance of illness and injury.
Just like popcorn, it’s low in calories and if you roast or sauté cauliflower verses steam, it’s much more flavorful and crispy too! I love it raw, roasted with sea salt and freshly ground pepper, or sprinkle it with hydrolyzed yeast (or parmesan cheese) for a real treat. YUM….even more addicting than my popcorn!
ROASTED CAULIFLOWER WITH GARLIC AND NUTRITIONAL YEAST (adapted from Ellie – Simply Nourished)
- 1 head cauliflower, cut in florets
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons of hydrolyzed yeast
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Toss cauliflower with olive oil, salt, pepper and crushed garlic cloves.
- Place on oven proof tray lined with parchment paper.
- Roast at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Remove tray, sprinkle with yeast (or use Parmesan cheese) and roast for 15 more minutes.