My beautiful step daughter sent me this amazing recipe for Cauliflower Avocado Toast last week. She knows me so well! Thanks Emily! I love you!
It didn’t take me long to try it out and I am hooked. I had it the next day for lunch, and the next day too. You’ve probably figured out I love a runny egg with any assortment of veggies and an avocado after a run. Good Carbs! Good Protein! Good Fat!
You’re going to want to add this carb free avocado fix to your weekly menu I promise! At least I am. The first time I made it as directed, but the next day I added some of our left over shaved Brussels Sprouts we had for dinner the night before. Seriously folks…EPIC meal…especially after a long run!
It’s super easy too! I riced the Cauliflower in my food processor but a hand held grater works too. Add some pink Himalayan sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, and some shredded aged goat cheese. Fry it up, top with left over guacamole or seasoned avocado, and a runny egg. Veggies, avocado, a runny egg! My go to breakfast after my long runs. Since the end of asparagus season, I went from making this one to my new fave….Cauliflower Toast!
Have I convinced you to make this? There are so many different possibilities. By now you all know I love to experiment with recipes, even my own! In fact, I can prepare the same recipe over and over, but by substituting just one ingredient, the end result tastes uniquely different.
I love to run and I also love to feed my body with good food so I can keep running which is why I do my best to get at least 6 fistfuls of veggies per day (2 fistfuls at each meal) and 20 grams of protein (harder for me!). I just feel better and run better.
CAULIFLOWER AND AVOCADO TOAST
- 1 head Cauliflower cut up into florets and riced
- pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Aged Goat Cheese (optional)
- avocado or left over guacamole
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 3 eggs
- Coconut Ghee
- Rice your Cauliflower in food processor or by using a hand held grater.
- Add salt, pepper, one egg, and grated cheese. (omit cheese for vegan)
- Melt your Ghee and add two scoops of cauliflower mixture to skillet and form into patty.
- Make a second patty using the remainder.
- Brown on both sides.
- Fry the other 2 eggs in same skillet
- Top Cauliflower Toast with avocado seasoned with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with Red Pepper Flakes
- Top each toast with a runny egg.
NOTE: For a second variation of Cauliflower Toast, add shaved Brussels to your Riced Cauliflower. Continue as directed and top as desired.