Ever since I discovered this Beet Smoothie, I have been finding new and different ways to use this beautiful & delicious veggie. Seriously friends, if you’re not yet in love with beets after trying my smoothie, try giving them another chance! They certainly deserve it!
You my think I am being a bit too dramatic, but I love veggies! They are loaded with Macro Nutrients and the more of them you consume in your diet, the healthier you’ll be! As a runner, I also love that they help you recover from your runs and strength workouts. Your muscles will love you…. so Eat your Veggies!
I love roasting beets! They are perfect for salads, delicious roasted, and make a “pretty” and tasty smoothie. But check out this crispy, salty, snack! These chips are addicting.
These beet chips are about as simple as it gets too! In just 30 minutes, and a few ingredients, and only one pan, you’ll have a pile of chips that are as good as it gets!
The only other tool you’ll need is a sharp knife or a mandolin for slicing. My dear Aunt gave my husband and I one for a wedding gift and it’s perfect for tasks like this. You can find them on Amazon or any kitchen store. However, if you’re not interested in another kitchen gadget, a sharp knife will work.
You know what else I love about these chips……they’re healthier! Beets are packed full of nutrients. You can read all about the benefits over on my beet smoothie recipe. Just like in my smoothie, these chips are not at all earthy tasting, which many people dislike about beets. They are so flavorful, healthy, and fast! All runners love healthy snacks. YES! Lets get snacking.
You guys are going to love these chips! They’re….
Healthy and Better for you!
Crispy and Nutritious too!
Simple and Savory!
Salty and Perfect for snacking!
I bet you’ll scarf these up in one sitting. I did – couldn’t resist! Even if you aren’t a huge beet fan, give these a try. I think you’d be surprised how perfectly fabulous they are and become your new favorite chip.
- 3 medium-large beets, rinsed and scrubbed
- Olive or coconut oil
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper
- fresh herb of choice, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and place oven rack in the center of the oven.
- Thinly slice beets with a mandolin (or a sharp knife), getting them as consistently thin as possible.
- Divide between two baking sheets and spray or very lightly drizzle with olive oil or coconut oil. Add a pinch of salt, freshly ground pepper and fresh rosemary springs if using. Thyme or Sage would be awesome too!
- Toss to coat, then arrange in a single layer, making sure the slices aren’t touching.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy and slightly brown. Be sure to watch closely past the 15 minute mark as they can burn quickly.
- Remove from oven, let cool. Then serve.