Who else is eating lots of pumpkin lately? Yeah for pumpkin season right. Even better when there is some spice thrown in. Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
I have been seeing pumpkin spice recipes everywhere lately. Like in cookies, bars, smoothies, and now we have this tasty new Pumpkin Spice Protein Snack in a bite size serving. They are super delicious too. You’ll taste a whole lot of cinnamon, my favorite spice to add to my morning smoothies! But wait, keep chewing, and soon you’ll taste the best part, pumpkin!
Just like in my Energizing Nut Butter bites, they include some of my other favorite ingredients, dates for natural sweetness, and oats for fiber and bulk. But when you add pumpkin to to the mix, they become softer, chewier, and of course, melt in your mouth delicious.
What these bites don’t have is nuts. So these are perfect for anyone who is allergic to tree nuts. I happen to love all nuts and nut butters, but wouldn’t it be nice to have a nut free version when you need one? Yes, I thought so.
These Pumpkin Spice Bites will definitely become your favorite snack this fall! I think they are prefect for a pre-run snack. A post run treat. An late morning indulgence. A mid afternoon pick up. Heck, they’re good anytime, just like these or these!
It was fun to share these Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites during my friend Sarah’s Overnight Oats in a Jar workshop! If you’re interested in attending a future workshop, be sure to check back for updated events. We had such fun…we learned a ton…and we enjoyed some healthy treats😋.
Oh, and they’re super easy to make, too – just toss all the ingredients into a food processor, and voila! You’ve got yourself a batch of healthy no-bake Pumpkin Spice Protein bites.
I hope you love ’em as much as my friends did!
PUMPKIN SPICE PROTEIN BITES
- 6 dates pitted, about 1/2 cup
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- 1/4 cup Shaklee Life Energizing Pumpkin Spice Shake
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor and process on high until the dates and oats are mixed in and everything sticks together. If the mixture seems a bit dry, add a little water until the right consistency is reached. I didn’t need to add any.
- Roll into balls. Freeze
- Optional, roll in a mixture of cinnamon sugar for added cinnamon flavor. Please use a natural sugar like coconut or date.