Yeah for pumpkin season right? I am seriously loving all the different recipes showing up on Pinterest, blogs, in magazines, and Facebook. YUM! Have you made these Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites yet? I am so addicted. They’re almost as good as my original Nut Butter Bites. In fact if you add chocolate chips to this recipe, I think they’d be as good. You could call them Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites! Yikes, lets move on to my EPIC Pumpkin Spice Smoothie ok!
Since I had left-over pumpkin after making those delicious bites, I whipped up a smoothie almost immediately. You could say I have another favorite healthy breakfast! Pumpkin Spice Protein Smoothie, with or without Cinnamon sprinkled on top. YUM!
Either way, I promise it’s delicious. I actually prefer mine with the extra cinnamon sprinkled on top. You know why? I’ll tell ya…..“Cinnamon is an excellent anti-inflammatory and super healthy for ya”! YEAH for cinnamon. It’s my favorite spice to add to my smoothies after I run for this reason alone. So if you’re a runner, I encourage you to use Cinnamon daily. It’s once of those spices I have a love hate relationship with, but after learning all about its benefits, I decided to fall in love with it!
I also love using fresh nutmeg! You know, those hard as a stone, round little nuggets of goodness, that are so fragrant when freshly grated! No worries, if you can’t find them, ground will do just fine. Remember a little goes a long way, so a pinch is all you need. Cinnamon, Ginger, and Nutmeg! This smoothie has all of our favorite spices that remind us of eating pumpkin pie. I am soooo excited for you to try this!
PUMPKIN SPICE PROTEIN SMOOTHIE
- 1/2 frozen banana
- ½ cup canned pure pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 serving of Shaklee Pumpkin Spice Energizing Life Shake
- 1 date, pitted
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 handful of greens, I used 3 large leaves of romaine
- more liquid as needed
- In a blender, combine the banana, pumpkin purée,coconut milk and date and pulse to combine.
- Add the cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg and blend until thick and smooth.
- Add Greens of choice which is optional but highly recommended.
- Add more liquid to desired consistency.
- Pour into a glass and serve.