Anyone else still have left over Turkey? How about everyone’s favorite, stuffing? We make extra stuffing every year and most often have leftovers. This year was no different. We actually skipped the mashed potatoes this year since stuffing wins at our house every time!
I decided to try and combine my two favorite and make Turkey and Stuffing Meatloaf. SUCCESS! My husband, brother and mom loved it. It’s a healthy meal all molded into one! Turkey, stuffing and lots of veggies. Super easy too. Just mix everything up in a big bowl. Form it into a loaf and roast.
I think I hit the jackpot on this one….. Perfectly balanced once again for a great meal before a run or after. Why not both. You are very welcome!
Be sure to save some gravy too if you plan on making this. Our bone broth gravy was EPIC and especially delicious served with this Thanksgiving Meatloaf!
ENJOY every one!
TURKEY AND STUFFING MEATLOAF
- 1 Gala apple, cut into small chunks
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 2 pounds of a mix of white and dark meat left over turkey cut up in fine chunks or shredded
- 2 ribs celery finely chopped
- 1 medium onion
- 1 carrot finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of fresh sage
- 2 large eggs
- salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup of turkey stock
- 2 cups of left over stuffing
- 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a large bowl, add apple and lemon juice and toss together.
- Sauté onion, celery, onion and carrot about 10 minutes or until soft. Add poultry seasoning, sage, salt and pepper. Add this to bowl with apple.
- Add turkey, stuffing, and beaten eggs.
- Add additional broth, 1/4 cup at a time until the mixture holds together and than turn it onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and shape it into a loaf.
- Coat with Extra Virgin Olive Oil and transfer to oven and roast until brown and cooked through. About 45 minutes.