Both my husband and I love Thai food and I happen to really love experimenting with my New Instant Pot. Yep still in the “honeymoon phase”! The good news is, this can be made with all those staples you probably have in your pantry.
This hearty stew is rich with flavors, colors, and nutrients. The coconut, peanut, and curry give this dish an exotic flavor plus it’s easy to prepare and very inexpensive. I served it over one red quinoa, one of my favorites. You could also serve this stew over brown rice.
It’s a perfect combination of healthy carbs from all the colorful veggies and the chickpeas add protein making this dish a good choice for a pre-run meal or post run! You can even top it with an runny egg if you want more protein. Yeah for good choices.
- 1 large onion, sliced into half rings
- 1 carrot, diced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into ½-in cubes (or butternut Squash)
- 1 cup bone broth or good quality stock
- One 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (or salt to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup all-natural peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas (or 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained)
- 1 bag frozen artichoke hearts
- 1 16 oz. bag of chopped frozen spinach
- Turn on your Instant Pot to Sauté setting. Add oil and add your veggies. Sauté stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or so.
- Add your curry, salt, pepper and garlic. Continue to sauté for another minute. Add bone broth, tomatoes, peanut butter, coconut milk, chickpeas, artichoke hearts and frozen spinach.
- Turn Instant Pot setting to Manual and set for 25 minutes.
- Use natural release and serve over your choice of grain. ENJOY