You all know by know I am a guacamole snob. After all, it’s a bit how I came up with “Avocadorunners.com”. I love avocados and I make my guacamole at least weekly! I’ve made at least a thousand batches, and tested every variable you can think of.
Here are some pointers I have learned along the way.
- Buy Haas avocados (others tend to be too watery).
- I love using Pink Himalayan Sea Salt vs. Kosher or any other salt when making my paste.
- If you’re sensitive to heat, leave out the seeds of the jalopeño (most often I use them).
- When making the paste, try being precise with your measurements. See recipe below.
Ok lets get to the end product of my guacamole on steroids 😋 . I can’t wait to make this for all my friends who all ready love my guac! Who’s first 🥑 😉?
Since I started drinking bullet proof coffee, l have fallen in love with MCT oil & Brain Octane Oil! They not only make a mean cup of Jo, but also take my guacamole to a whole new level. How is that possible? I agree with all of you! It’s so GOOD the way it is!
I tried this after reading about it in the Bullet Proof newsletter. It certainly does adds an energy boost to my all ready amazing guacamole. The texture is also upgraded making it extra creamy! Do try this and let me know if you agree.
GUACAMOLE ON STEROIDS
- 3 to 4 Hass Avocados
- 1 jalapeño (with or without seeds)
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 small bunch of fresh cilantro
- juice of a lime
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons of Braine Octane or your favorite MCT oil
- Chop your onion, jalapeño and cilantro fine. Add about half this mixture (approximately two tablespoons each) to your bowl or Molcajete.
- Make your paste by adding 1 teaspoon of salt and lime juice. (step by step instructions here)
- Gently mix in ripe avocados
- Add 2 to 4 tablespoons of Brain Octane Oil or MCT oil. Blend again and add more salt to taste.
Question: Are you a guacamole fan? Do you drink bullet proof coffee? Have you used MCT oil or Brane Octane? You can leave a comment by clicking here.