Need a delicious and healthy alternative to couscous or rice? Just last week my husband and I did a Healthy 5-Day Cleanse with about a dozen or so other friends. It went remarkably well and this Charred Cauliflower I threw together is AMAZING!.
These spiced cauliflower bites seriously puts french fries to shame! Did you know turmeric is the one spice you should be eating more of if you’re a runner. Come to think of it, anyone who is dealing with inflammation needs this incredible spice in their diet!
Runners tend to get a lot of inflammation caused by a flux of free radicals in the body which is caused by exercise. There are a ton of different foods you can incorporate in your diet to manage inflammation, but turmeric is a simple and powerful choice.
Recently my husband was experiencing some inflammation in his hip so his decision to join me and others in a Healthy 5-Day Reset for the body was timely! His energy improved and he honestly felt GREAT and he found it was much easier than he thought it would be. Plus he loved the results so much he’s repeating it again next week😊.
Besides cooking with turmeric, we also took this supplement along with a few others to help with cleansing. Start using turmeric and you will notice improvement with stiffness, soreness, and overall well-being. Feel free to comment below if you have questions, or email me.
For this delicious cleanse approved cauliflower dish, the idea here is to cut a cauliflower into the tiniest florets possible. It’s seriously not difficult, but does take a little time. For convenience, I used a bag of cauliflower rice and it worked great! This is such a delicate, flavorful side dish or snack. Instead of croutons or chips, use it to top off my Chicken Chili.
GOLDEN CHARRED CAULIFLOWER
- Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 large cauliflower (about 3 pounds) or bag of Cauliflower RIce
- 4 tablespoons Coconut Ghee or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Pinch of cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, or 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, or to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees. Rice your Cauliflower if needed.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Stir in the turmeric, cayenne, black pepper, cumin, and ginger. Put the cauliflower in a large bowl and season lightly with salt. Drizzle the butter over it and toss gently. (The seasoned cauliflower can be kept at room temperature for up to 3 hours or covered and refrigerated overnight.)
- Transfer the cauliflower to a large cookie sheet lined with parchment. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or until slightly charred. Sprinkle with fresh chives if desired and fresh lime juice. ENJOY!
Question: Have you done a cleanse before? What did you experience? Good, bad, or otherwise? You can leave a comment by clicking here.