January is a perfect time to start eating healthier, don’t you agree? After all, the holidays are behind us and we have NO excuses right😉.
The main goal is to try and eat plenty of veggies…..like 5 to 10 fistfuls while eliminating processed foods, sugar, grains, nuts, and legumes. 10 fistfuls of veggies? WOW, I know that sounds like a lot but if you’re adding a couple big handfuls of greens to your morning smoothie, you all ready have almost 3 fistfuls…depending on how big your fist is😉.
In any case…eating lots of vegetables is just plain good for you. I am espeically in love with cauliflower. It’s all over the web-world which you probably have noticed. There’s everything from smoothies to pizza! Yes, you heard me…cauliflower in a smoothie. I haven’t tried this yet but do stay tuned!
As for me…one of my faves is my cauliflower popcorn. It’s one you’ll want to sneak into the movie theatre with you😉. Bonus, it may taste like I used cheese, but since it’s dairy free, I can have it all week long on my 5 day cleanse!
My husband happens to love it charred! But most recently, I have tired a couple variations of mashed cauliflower. If you need a sub for mashed potatoes, I have the perfect recipe. I have made this both in my Instant Pot and on the stove. Either way works perfectly.
Speaking of pizza….this version is amazing, although I did use raw grass fed cheese. I happen to love cheese but I try my best to eat it in moderation. In fact, when I do eat cheese, it’s raw, grass fed, and probably goat or feta made from sheeps milk or goats milk. My husband prefers cheddar & Parmesan so occasionally I use that as well. Remember, everything in moderation is how I roll.
Let’s not waste anymore time…..This will take you just minutes to make.
CAULIFLOWER MASH WITH FRESH PARSLEY (adapted from My Friend Ellie)
- l large head caulilflower
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon of coconut ghee or butter
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (or half and half)
- 2 tablespoons of ghee
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley (or other herb of choice)
- Freshly grated pepper and pink himalayan sea salt to taste
- Steam cauliflower in your Instant Pot on manual for three minutes or over the stove in steamer basket until tender.
- Add remaining ingredients and mash with a large back of the spoon, potato masher, or blend in a food processor or use an immersion blender if you like your mash smooth.
- Serve warm.
Question: How many fistfuls of vegetables do you aim for daily? What is your favorite way to prepare and eat cauliflower? You can leave a comment by clicking here.