I just love it when my husband says, “You can definitely make this again…this is a winner!” I espeically love hearing this when it’s a healthier new twist on one of his favorites, pizza.
This tastes almost like pizza, but in a casserole form. I roast the cauliflower until it caramelizes a bit and than mix it with some pizza sauce and my husband’s favorite pizza toppings,
(and mine) top with some cheese, and bake until golden brown and bubbling. The best part about this casserole, the possibilities are endless!
My husband loves pepperoni but I tend to lean towards olives, spinach and onion. YUM. So you can definitely make one big casserole and do half your way and half his way.
Plus it’s a lot lower in carbs and much lighter than eating an entire pizza. All the flavors of pizza but in a casserole! YUM!
This is perfect for our cold weather “running” right now since it’s comfort food at it’s finest! And healthier too!
CAULIFLOWER PIZZA CASSEROLE
- 1 large head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- Salt and pepper
- Olive Oil
- 1 jar of pizza sauce, about 12 to 16 ounces
- 1 package of Applegate Pepperoni
- Handful of olives
- 4 to 5 leaves of kale leaves stripped from the leaves
- Heat your oven to 400°. Toss your cauliflower with olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on parchment lined sheet pan in a single layer and roast till caramelized, about 25 minutes.
- Mix your caramelized cauliflower with pizza sauce and toppings of choice. I used pepperoni, olives, kale, and red onion. Reserve a little pepperoni if using for top.
- Put mixture in a casserole and top with cheese and remaining pepperoni.
- Bake 350° for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly.