If you have read my blog recently, you’re probably familiar with my yearly delivery of Wild Blueberries from Michigan. This time of year I do my best to plan ahead and make room in my freezer for and abundance of delicious blueberries. Once again it is stuffed full! I love blueberries!
Blueberries reduced with Balsamic Syrup and Coconut Sugar
I have been off my yogurt and berry kick
for a while now but since I have plenty of wild blueberries again, it’s been making an appearance now and than. I happen to really like the Purely Elizabeth Granola
which I have found at Target so if you haven’t tried it, it’s delicious.
Sourdough Bread, Manchego Cheese, Greens plus Blueberries and than Grilled – PERFECTION!
Today I was craving grilled cheese and because I had still had some blueberries in my fridge I purposely didn’t freeze, I thought why not! Blueberries, Cheese, Arugula and Sourdough Grilled! A success!
My pics might not be the best since I actually wasn’t expecting this to turn out as good as it did. But what is not to like. All of these things combined into one little love package spells deliciousness! RIGHT😋!
Use Lots of Cheese!
I happen to love this yummy balsamic syrup
we brought home from Italy
, but don’t fret, you can buy most anything online, including this imported syrup. This pairs well with blueberries and it will add some tartness to the berries which I love!
I thickened up my blueberries with the syrup and some coconut sugar. Boil for about 5 minutes is all and than strain off all the yummy juice syrup from the solids. You can save the syrup for pancakes, waffles or even toss into a favorite summer sangria or iced tea.
ONE WORD – YUM
I used plenty of cheese…..because I love cheese, especially Manchego. I think any cheese would work: Raw Sharp Cheddar, Gooey Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, or even Goat! I am definitely going to try Goat next time and maybe even add some avocado. Or how about a couple slices of good quality bacon. Extra yummy…just sayin’. Just use plenty of cheese please to balanced out the sweetness of the blueberries. Plus this is a grilled cheese sandwich after all!
Gooey Blueberrish Grilled Cheese!
BLUEBERRY GRILLED CHEESE SANDWICH
- 2 slices of Sourdough Bread
- Plenty of white Cheese (I used Manchego)
- Fresh Arugula or Spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon of Balsamic Syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Coconut Sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, and syrup. Turn on medium heat and let come to slow boil and as it boils, use a small utensil to crush the berries as you stir.
- After about 5 minutes, pour mixture into a mesh strainer and let the juice syrup separate form the solid berries. Save the syrup for another time.
- Spread the blueberries onto a piece of bread, top with cheese, some arugula, them more cheese. Sprinkle with freshly ground pepper. Tope with your other slice of bread. Make sure each slice of bread is buttered with Coconut Ghee or Grass-fed Butter than Grill to perfection. ENJOY!