Just like everyone else, I love it when the weekend rolls around!! I follow many other bloggers, and most all of them share some of their favorite things about Friday’s; which led me to think about this past weekend. To be honest, I am not sure if you really care, but in case you want to know a bit more about me, here’s a run down of my weekend Fave’s.
1. My Long Run Day! Friday’s are most often my long (or semi-long) run days. Since it’s early into my training, I didn’t have a 20 miler this weekend, but I did get out there and run a bit longer than I do on most week-days. Why…because I love to run, especially longer distances. Long Slow Distances are some of my favorite runs….so I love my Friday morning Runs…even the chilly ones! Brrrrrr……
2. Dressing up….don’t get me wrong, I love to look “cool” and “cute” on my run so I absolutely adore my workout attire. As you can see in the above pic, I like to match even when I am out for a run. Most often you can find me sporting Athleta wear. This Friday I was grey, black, and white from head to toe…including my new Brooks Pure Flow!
But I also love to dress up, so weekends are a chance for me to get out of my work out duds and dress up. This weekend I not only had a terrific time with my hubby on Friday night, I also spent time with some girlfriends on Saturday night. Can’t get any better than that!
3. Post Run Meal.…..the one thing I look forward to after a long run, whether it’s fast, slow, or somewhere in between, is a yummy post run meal. I think I have mentioned many times in previous posts, I love a “runny” egg any which way. Do you have a favorite post run meal? A runny egg with avocado on sprouted bread, hot coffee, and a green smoothie. Yes! Happy girl! Truly one of my most favorite meals of the week. Besides, that extra cup of coffee tastes good too!
4. Saturday Morning Boot Camp, morning coffee, and shopping with amazing partners in crime! We work out hard every Saturday morning but we also reward ourselves with a delicious cup of Joe after and just maybe we do a bit of shopping. Love this pic posted by ilovetorun.
5. Sleeping in on Sunday’s, church, and having my mom and my brother over for dinner almost every Sunday. Yes I am Blessed!
So there you have it….Now you know a little bit more about Me! I’d love to hear from you. What’s your favorite weekend activity?