Once again you may wonder what…another wild rice salad? You may be wondering, “What makes your salad so much better than all the others over the world wide web Karen”? To be honest, I don’t really have an answer except that my guests loved it, it’s pretty, and it’s healthy.
So if you want to try it based on these three things, I’d be thrilled. In fact, I bet you’ll be glad you did. It pairs well with grilled meat of any kind. Or Salmon, and even Shrimp. However, since this salad includes edamame, it makes a satisfying light lunch. In fact, it was perfect paired with a protein smoothie the next day!
Besides, if you’re a football fan and need a healthy option for your guests to go along side some of the traditional game day treats, this is a wise choice. Greens, beans, grains, and veggies all in one bowl. Lets not forget the healthy fats from the dressing! I used a variation of this dressing but added a little tahini.
I am so glad you’re as excited about making this salad…it’s so yummy😋.
WILD RICE & KALE SALAD
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 6 diced radishes
- 3 cups baby kale
- 3 grated carrots
- 6 scallions sliced
- 1 cup edamame cooked
- salt and pepper
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Toss rice with half of your Cream Apple Cider Vinaigrette.
- Add radishes, grated carrots, scallions, and edamame. Add a bit more dressing.
- Just before serving add kale and remaining dressing. Season with salt and pepper.
APPLE CIDER VINAIGRETTE
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon of runny tahini
- Add all ingredients to Mason Jar except tahini and shake.
- Add tahini and shake again.
Question: Are you a football fan? What do you typically make for game day if you are? You can leave a comment by clicking here.